Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-25 17:04:10

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Centre Quotes - I

Centre Quotes - I

1. Each man is always in the middle of the surface of the earth and under the zenith of his own hemisphere, and over the centre of the earth. - Leonardo da Vinci

2. We are not living in a world where all roads are radii of a circle and where all, if followed long enough, will therefore draw gradually nearer and finally meet at the centre: rather in a world where every road, after a few miles, forks into two, and each of those into two again, and at each fork, you must make a decision. - C. S. Lewis

3. He that has light within his own clear breast May sit in the centre, and enjoy bright day: But he that hides a dark soul and foul thoughts Benighted walks under the mid-day sun; Himself his own dungeon. - John Milton

4. There are many things I do where the centre of it is... It's almost more my humanitarian work than art. - Angelina Jolie

5. The centre of the system of the world is immovable. - Isaac Newton

6. I have a pretty good idea of what I am not good at and have it front and centre of my consciousness every minute I am doing it. - Meryl Streep

7. My view is that you still, in order to win from the Labour perspective, have to have a strong alliance with business as well as the unions. You have got to be very much in the centre ground on things like public sector reform. - Tony Blair

8. When we were in the Dark Ages, it was a question of humanity somehow managing to forget about itself. We put God in the centre of society, and people forgot about their own nature and desires. There was a huge deal of repression. - Shakira

9. A toddling little girl is a centre of common feeling which makes the most dissimilar people understand each other. - George Eliot

10. When I was 21 years old, I had a job playing Santa Claus in a shopping centre in Sacramento. I was rail thin, so it's not like I was a traditional Santa Claus even then. I had a square stomach; that was the shape of the sofa cushion that I had stuffed into my pants. - Tom Hanks

11. I got my black belt First Dan at the age of 12 and I was the youngest in my training centre. I practised karate till a few years ago and it has helped enhance my flexibility, stamina and mental toughness. - Ajinkya Rahane

12. That match was late evening and I had the experience of the electricity of the Centre Court because it was packed, a full house for the whole match. It had been a great year for me, first time there and I had the full taste of Wimbledon. - John Newcombe.

difference-between-center-and-centre.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer