Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-01 01:17:49

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Century Quotes - II

Century Quotes - II

1. We are living in 1937, and our universities, I suggest, are not half-way out of the fifteenth century. We have made hardly any changes in our conception of university organization, education, graduation, for a century - for several centuries. - H. G. Wells

2. The three great problems of this century; the degradation of man in the proletariat, the subjection of women through hunger, the atrophy of the child by darkness. - Victor Hugo

3. The heart of the security agenda is protecting lives - and we now know that the number of people who will die of AIDS in the first decade of the 21st Century will rival the number that died in all the wars in all the decades of the 20th century. - Al Gore

4. I do not abuse players. I talk to myself; I abuse myself. It's my way of letting off steam. I do it after every century; I do not do it always. I keep telling myself: 'Improve, improve from the previous match, the previous shot. You can do it.' -  Virat Kohli

5. A nation may lose its liberties in a day and not miss them in a century. - Montesquieu

6. I believe that the rights of women and girls is the unfinished business of the 21st century. - Hillary Clinton

7. After a century of striving, after a year of debate, after a historic vote, health care reform is no longer an unmet promise. It is the law of the land. - Barack Obama

8. Mobile internet will be the single-most defining technology of this century for human development. - Mukesh Ambani

9. I think there's every reason this 21st century will be much happier. - Dalai Lama

10. We have entered an age in which education is not just a luxury permitting some men an advantage over others. It has become a necessity without which a person is defenseless in this complex, industrialized society. We have truly entered the century of the educated man. - Lyndon B. Johnson

11. I'll see a celadon green room in an 18th century New Hampshire house and just fall in love. Colors stay in my head. - Barbra Streisand

12. Bohr's influence on the physics and the physicists of our century was stronger than that of anyone else, even than that of Albert Einstein. - Werner Heisenberg.

711QucaVUQL.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer