Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-01 16:58:05

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Century Quotes - III

Century Quotes - III

1. When I write an original story I write about people I know first-hand and situations I'm familiar with. I don't write stories about the nineteenth century. - Satyajit Ray

2. Few people at the beginning of the nineteenth century needed an adman to tell them what they wanted. - John Kenneth Galbraith

3. We are living in 1937, and our universities, I suggest, are not half-way out of the fifteenth century. We have made hardly any changes in our conception of university organization, education, graduation, for a century - for several centuries. - H. G. Wells

4. After a century of trying, we declared that healthcare in America is not a privilege for a few, it is a right for everybody. After decades of talk, we finally began to wean ourselves off foreign oil. We doubled our production of clean energy. We brought more of our troops home to their families, and we delivered justice to Osama bin Laden. - Barack Obama

5. There have been in this century only one great man and one great thing: Napoleon and liberty. For want of the great man, let us have the great thing. - Victor Hugo

6. The threat today is not that of the 1930s. It's not big powers going to war with each other. The ravages which fundamentalist political ideology inflicted on the 20th century are memories. The Cold war is over. Europe is at peace, if not always diplomatically. - Tony Blair

7. The newspapers of the twenty-first century will give a mere 'stick' in the back pages to accounts of crime or political controversies, but will headline on the front pages the proclamation of a new scientific hypothesis. - Nikola Tesla

8. If you think of 'Liberty Valance' or 'The Searchers,' there are moments in there that you'll never, ever forget... And it does not matter what century you are from. - Kevin Costner

9. I'm reasonably optimistic about the future, especially the future of the United States - for the century, at least. - Elon Musk

10. I never thought of breaking a record. The only ambition I had was to become the fastest century maker for India, which I did when I broke Azharuddin's record. - Virender Sehwag

11. But with the steady disintegration of the family in modern society over the last century, the role of the school in bridging the gap has become vital! - Stephen Covey

12. Perhaps the methods I needed to complete the proof would not be invented for a hundred years. So even if I was on the right track, I could be living in the wrong century. - Andrew Wiles.

png-transparent-logos-century-net-others-miscellaneous-blue-cdr.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer