Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-12 17:01:56

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Certain Quotes - VII

Certain Quotes - VII

1. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money. - Barack Obama

2. You learn something out of everything, and you come to realize more than ever that we're all here for a certain space of time, and, and then it's going to be over, and you better make this count. - Nancy Reagan

3. If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting. - Horatio Nelson

4. Perhaps no person can be a poet, or even enjoy poetry, without a certain unsoundness of mind. - Thomas Babington Macaulay

5. Beyond a certain point, the music isn't mine anymore. It's yours. - Phil Collins

6. Adventure upon all the tickets in the lottery, and you lose for certain; and the greater the number of your tickets the nearer your approach to this certainty. - Adam Smith

7. Women have a certain sexuality, and I think their bodies are beautiful, and I'm not embarrassed to explore that in a film. But there are things you get offered that are vulgar and violent - just like there's a side of me that's vulgar and violent. - Angelina Jolie

8. There's a drive in me that won't allow me to do certain things that are easy. - Johnny Depp

9. The whole history of science has been the gradual realization that events do not happen in an arbitrary manner, but that they reflect a certain underlying order, which may or may not be divinely inspired. - Stephen Hawking

10. Men do not understand books until they have a certain amount of life, or at any rate no man understands a deep book, until he has seen and lived at least part of its contents. - Ezra Pound

11. It is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness and I pronounce it as certain that there was never a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous. - Benjamin Franklin

12. Well, you know, a lot of people look at the negative things, the things that they did wrong and - which I do. But I like to stress on the things I did right, because there are certain things that I like to look at from a positive standpoint that are just positive reinforcement. - Tiger Woods.

image-w1280.jpg?size=1200x

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer