Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-05-19 04:03:10

paulb203

Is our planet dying?

Is the planet (Earth) dying?
Was it ever alive?
Before the first soil, before the first moss, or moss-like plant, or blue-green algae - basically before the first life forms that would attach themselves to the surface of the Earth, what was the surface like?
Was it smooth, like an enormous (almost) spherical stone? What was it’s composition, approximately?
And, back to the top, if every life form on Earth went extinct and all the corpses (including the plant ‘corpses’) decomposed, to dust (?) would the planet be just as it was 4-5 billion years ago before life arose on it?

Prioritise. Persevere. No pain, no gain.

#2 2024-05-19 07:36:15

mathxyz

Re: Is our planet dying?

paulb203 wrote:

Is the planet (Earth) dying?
Was it ever alive?
Before the first soil, before the first moss, or moss-like plant, or blue-green algae - basically before the first life forms that would attach themselves to the surface of the Earth, what was the surface like?
Was it smooth, like an enormous (almost) spherical stone? What was it’s composition, approximately?
And, back to the top, if every life form on Earth went extinct and all the corpses (including the plant ‘corpses’) decomposed, to dust (?) would the planet be just as it was 4-5 billion years ago before life arose on it?

The planet Earth is dying. The condition is sin.

#3 2024-05-20 05:07:15

KerimF

The sun is also dying. 

But what I am sure of is that Earth (even the entire universe) will cease to exist when my mortal living flesh will die. I mean, no one will be able to convince my dead body that the universe still exists smile

About life, it does also exist in zillions of planets in the universe. Earth is just one of them.

Every living thing has no choice but to execute its pre-programmed instructions embedded in it (known as instincts).
But only a human may have the freedom and ability to oppose his natural robotic nature.
But, by opposing it, such a human becomes no more of this world.

#4 2024-05-20 06:01:21

mathxyz

KerimF wrote:

The sun is also dying. 

But what I am sure of is that Earth (even the entire universe) will cease to exist when my mortal living flesh will die. I mean, no one will be able to convince my dead body that the universe still exists smile

About life, it does also exist in zillions of planets in the universe. Earth is just one of them.

The curse of sin affects everything and everyone including animals. God made a perfect world without sin. After Adam and Eve disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden, the curse of sin was triggered.

Because of sin:

1. People die

2. Animals die

3. Plants die

4. Sickness reigns

5. Hospitals and graveyards never go out of business.

6. Entropy is alive and well.

7. Hatred rules supremely

8. Wars never end

9. People outside of Christ die in their sin.

10. Corrosion is doing very well.

I can go on.

#5 2024-05-23 13:49:57

KerimF

No one told me yet what the word sin (or sinning) means in one's life exactly, speaking practically.

For instance, I would become crazy if I had to live in this material world forever. But, fortunately, the Will/Power behind my existence gave me a mortal living flesh so that my journey in it is just temporary.
After all, my best moment, after I live a long hard-working day, is the time to sleep. And the death of my living flesh is simply my last eternal sleep (but this is not the end of the story).

We like or not, by design, a living body should be alarmed (having pain) every time there is something wrong or damaged in it. Otherwise, it can't survive for long (a human baby would never have the chance to grow up and be even a kid).

Hatred, wars, corruption and whatever is called evil are typical in the material world, also by design. They are the fruit of executing the natural pre-programmed instructions embedded in every living body (natural instincts). 'Men of the world' (created to serve the material world as all other living things are) have no choice but to be guided by their natural instincts, as robots run exactly as they were programmed to do.

This is why I personally (being no more of this world) have no reason to resist or even blame the 'men of the world' because they are just robots, driven solely by their natural programs (instincts). They cannot (they are not supposed, by design) to oppose the natural instructions embedded in their living cells. In fact, about 2000 years ago, someone revealed this natural crucial truth very clearly when He forgave all His killers because "they know not what they do".

Who has ears will hear.

Every living thing has no choice but to execute its pre-programmed instructions embedded in it (known as instincts).
But only a human may have the freedom and ability to oppose his natural robotic nature.
But, by opposing it, such a human becomes no more of this world.

Board footer