Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-07-11 15:09:46

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Character Quotes - IV

Character Quotes - IV

1. Sports teaches you character, it teaches you to play by the rules, it teaches you to know what it feels like to win and lose-it teaches you about life. - Billie Jean King

2. Love is the expression of one's values, the greatest reward you can earn for the moral qualities you have achieved in your character and person, the emotional price paid by one man for the joy he receives from the virtues of another. - Ayn Rand

3. I am convinced, the way one plays chess always reflects the player's personality. If something defines his character, then it will also define his way of playing. - Vladimir Kramnik

4. An individual step in character training is to put responsibility on the individual. - Robert Baden-Powell

5. Someone said adversity builds character, but someone else said adversity reveals character. I'm pleasantly surprised with my resilience. I persevere, and not just blindly. I take the best, get rid of the rest, and move on, realizing that you can make a choice to take the good. - Brooke Shields

6. The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out. - Thomas Babington Macaulay

7. Habits change into character. - Ovid

8. The real ornament of woman is her character, her purity. - Mahatma Gandhi.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer