Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-07-30 00:00:47

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Charges and Charging Quotes

Charges and Charging Quotes

1. There is no rule on how to write. Sometimes it comes easily and perfectly; sometimes it's like drilling rock and then blasting it out with charges. - Ernest Hemingway

2. Advertising ministers to the spiritual side of trade. It is great power that has been entrusted to your keeping which charges you with the high responsibility of inspiring and ennobling the commercial world. It is all part of the greater work of the regeneration and redemption of mankind. - Calvin Coolidge

3. On the same bill and on the same side of it there should not be two charges for the same thing. - Stephen Leacock

4. The salesman knows nothing of what he is selling save that he is charging a great deal too much for it. - Oscar Wilde

5. Certain people with vested interests have unleashed a campaign that I'm charging Rs 1 crore as my salary. This is totally false. Even at the best of times, I haven't got that much money for any of my films. - Shriya Saran

6. A number of non-banking finance companies have entered the rural microcredit market. Many microcredit agencies have been charging interest rates not very dissimilar to those charged by moneylenders. Borrowing then becomes more to meet pressing consumption needs, rather than for farming or small-scale enterprises. - M. S. Swaminathan.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer