Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-08-21 06:23:12

Zach Alie
Novice

Hi i'm back

HI im back, although i've changed my name so you may not recognize me, i think my previous username was something like coolxxxxz, and i posted about proportion and something that was about how much time it takes 3 people A,B and C to complete a certain task if A and B finish it in a certain time and B and C in a different time, i believe bob helped me solve them, well i'm just trying to jog you're memory, anyways im back and hope to have just as as much of an enjoyable and educative time as before.

"what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence" - Christopher Eric Hitchens

#2 2024-08-21 19:40:00

Bob
Administrator

Re: Hi i'm back

hi Zach,

Welcome back!

I do remember that question but I cannot find your old username in our lists, nor the thread.  Ho hum, not to worry.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#3 2024-08-24 04:26:35

Zach Alie
Novice

wierd, i guess it can't be helped, well i'll just have to continue on like this but i will have the same quote i had previously, so it would probably be easier to recognize me and just to bring back my old style i guess

"what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence" - Christopher Eric Hitchens

#4 2024-08-24 04:50:54

Zach Alie
Novice

weird, well i guess it can't be helped, well so now you know, this is my new name

#5 2024-08-24 21:03:42

Bob
Administrator

I used the search of users looking for cool* where the * acts as a wildcard. Quite a few hits, but none look like your old account.

Anyone can do this type of search so maybe you can find the exact username yourself. I can then give you access to all your old posts if you wish.  There doesn't appear to be a way to link the two accounts however.

Or we can just leave everything as it is.

Bob

You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei

#6 2024-08-24 22:24:16

Zach Alie
Novice

i don't really know, i also tried searching but i didn't seem to find any usernames with cool in them to also relate to my posts and date of joining, now im thinking if it really was coolxxxxz, i think it wasn't maybe, but i mean you or someone else should be able to remember my previous username, i mean can't you just look it up based on my posts or something like that.

#7 2024-08-24 22:52:08

Bob
Administrator

I only have the same search as you.  The keyword can throw up loads of hits. The trick is to remember a word you used that is unlikely to be in anyone else's posts.

I tried 3 people A,B and C and got pages and pages. I think it was finding every post that had any of those in it so then I tried "3 people A,B and C" hoping to find only that specific sentence but still didn't get to it.

Bob

#8 2024-08-24 23:57:38

zetafunc
Website

Hi Zach,

There are over 400,000 posts on the forum from over 70,000 members so we will need a bit more information to narrow down the search. Details about the posts you made don't help us because we simply receive too many of them. Please remember that the site is run by just a very small handful of volunteers so we are unlikely to recall the precise details of each post or the people we helped.

To help us find your account, can you please answer as many of the following as you can? If you can't remember the exact answer, any details you have could help.

Were you a registered member or were you a guest?
What was your old username? Was it 'cool' followed by a string of characters or was it formatted differently?
What was your old signature? (For example, yours is a quote about Hitchens. I couldn't find any other registered users with the phrase "Hitchens" in their signature.)
Roughly how many posts did you have? A minimum and maximum would help. (For example, "I had between between 30 and 50 posts.")
Roughly when did you make your last post with that account? A minimum and maximum would help. (For example, "My last post was between Jan 2021 and Jun 2023.")
Roughly when did you last visit the forum with that account? A minimum and maximum would help. (For example, "I last visited the forum with that account between May 2022 and July 2024.")
Roughly when did you register your account with us? A minimum and maximum would help. (For example, "I registered with that account between Feb 2019 and Apr 2019.")

We can't guarantee that we can locate your original account but it's important that you provide us with as much detail as you can.

#9 2024-08-25 02:08:36

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi Zach,

Welcome back!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#10 2024-08-25 04:51:32

Zach Alie
Novice

Ans.1: i believe i was a registered member.
Ans.2: it was maybe coolxxxxz or za.... something
Ans.3: my old signature was from carl sagan it was "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."
Ans.4: maybe 10-20 posts
Ans.5: I probably made my last post between 2021 and 2023, if i could narrow it down then my last post would probably be in 2022
Ans.6: i think i last visited the forum in 2022 or 2023 with that account
Ans.7: i think i probably joined in the 2020s or maybe between 2019-2021

#11 2024-09-09 03:18:40

harpazo65

Zach Alie wrote:

HI im back, although i've changed my name so you may not recognize me, i think my previous username was something like coolxxxxz, and i posted about proportion and something that was about how much time it takes 3 people A,B and C to complete a certain task if A and B finish it in a certain time and B and C in a different time, i believe bob helped me solve them, well i'm just trying to jog you're memory, anyways im back and hope to have just as as much of an enjoyable and educative time as before.

Welcome back to the math site. Enjoy your time here.

Focus on the journey for there will be those who would love to see you fall.

Board footer