Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-09-29 00:11:42

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Chief Quotes - V

Chief Quotes - V

1. Science in the modern world has many uses; its chief use, however, is to provide long words to cover the errors of the rich. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

2. The vanity of being known to be trusted with a secret is generally one of the chief motives to disclose it. - Samuel Johnson

3. The chief condition on which, life, health and vigor depend on, is action. It is by action that an organism develops its faculties, increases its energy, and attains the fulfillment of its destiny. - Colin Powell

4. A chief event of life is the day in which we have encountered a mind that startled us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

5. Before I became a chief minister, I never thought that one day I'd be the chief minister. - Narendra Modi

6. And it is crucial of course that chief constables are able to make decisions within their budgets about how they deploy their police officers to the greatest effect to ensure that they're able to do the job that the public want them to do. - Theresa May

7. Though I am not a chief of state, I must work twice as hard as one because I have to both administer a bureaucracy and run a revolution. - Yasser Arafat

8. The chief symptom of adolescence is a state of expectation, a tendency towards creative work, and a need for the strengthening of self-confidence. Suddenly, the child becomes very sensitive to the rudeness and humiliations which he had previously suffered with patient indifference. - Maria Montessori.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer