Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-10-10 00:03:03

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Child Quotes - IX

Child Quotes - IX

1. The first idea the child must acquire is that of the difference between good and evil. - Maria Montessori

2. One test of the correctness of educational procedure is the happiness of the child. - Maria Montessori

3. I was an only child, and Mother was always right with me all my life. I used to get very angry at her when I was growing up-it's a natural thing. - Elvis Presley

4. Travel stories teach geography; insect stories lead the child into natural science; and so on. The teacher, in short, can use reading to introduce her pupils to the most varied subjects; and the moment they have been thus started, they can go on to any limit guided by the single passion for reading. - Maria Montessori

5. Years ago I met Richard Burton in Port Talbot, my home town, and afterwards he passed in his car with his wife, and I thought, 'I want to get out and become like him'. Not because of Wales, because I love Wales, but because I was so limited as a child at school and so bereft and lonely, and I thought becoming an actor would do that. - Anthony Hopkins

6. Don't force your kids into sports. I never was. To this day, my dad has never asked me to go play golf. I ask him. It's the child's desire to play that matters, not the parent's desire to have the child play. Fun. Keep it fun. - Tiger Woods

7. Because I think every child star suffers through this period because you're not the cute and charming child that you were. You start to grow, and they want to keep you little forever. - Michael Jackson

8. A great artist is a great man in a great child. - Victor Hugo.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer