Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 Yesterday 00:02:37

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Childhood Quotes - IV

Childhood Quotes - IV

1. My childhood landscape was not land but the end of the land - the cold, salt, running hills of the Atlantic. I sometimes think my vision of the sea is the clearest thing I own. - Sylvia Plath

2. Most of my childhood memories of my father are of being ignored. I was his namesake, but nothing I did ever pleased or even interested him. He enjoyed telling me I couldn't do anything right. - Marlon Brando

3. My mother is a professor of early childhood education. When I was two she would say she knew I was going to be an actor. - Matt Damon

4. Hors d'oeuvres have always a pathetic interest for me; they remind me of one's childhood that one goes through wondering what the next course is going to be like - and during the rest of the menu one wishes one had eaten more of the hors d'oeuvres. - Hector Hugh Munro

5. I am extremely proud and honoured to have beaten Pete's record as he was my childhood hero and I have always looked up to him. - Roger Federer

6. The truth is that the history of the last couple of thousand years has been broadly repeated attempts by various people or institutions - in a Freudian way - to rediscover the lost childhood of Europe, this golden age of peace and prosperity under the Romans, by trying to unify it. - Boris Johnson

7. I would like to go back to Wales. I'm obsessed with my childhood and at least three times a week dream I am back there. - Anthony Hopkins

8. Anyone who has spent any time in space will love it for the rest of their lives. I achieved my childhood dream of the sky. - Valentina Tereshkova.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer