Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-04 13:04:41

justlookingforthemoment

Logging out ...

I can't log out.

I click the button, it says the usual 'Redirecting, Logged out. Redirecting … Click here if you do not want to wait any longer (or if your browser does not automatically forward you)' then just takes me back to the main forum page which still says 'Logged in as justlookingforthemoment'.

It doesn't really matter for me, but it could be a problem for people who use shared computers. Is anybody else having the same problem?

#2 2007-08-04 22:06:18

JaneFairfax

Re: Logging out ...

You can simply delete the cookie for this site. Then it won’t “remember” you any more.

#3 2007-08-04 23:51:22

mathsyperson

I'm having a similar problem. It takes me to the main page as a Guest, but then if I click on any of the boards then I'm suddenly logged in again.

I don't share a computer either, and I normally just stay logged in all the time, but I had to this time because of another problem.
For some reason, I was being shown what the forum looked like about a day ago (last time I came on), with all the more recent posts than that not shown. Viewing the forum as a Guest showed that there were newer posts, but then when I tried to look at any I got automatically logged in again and so they weren't shown to me anymore.

I fixed it by deleting the cookies, but it's happened twice now and I suspect the fix will only be temporary.

Edit: On further investigation, refreshing also works, so now it's just an annoying little thing rather than a serious problem.

Why did the vector cross the road?
It wanted to be normal.

#4 2007-08-05 00:20:49

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Interesting ... I made some changes to the server which may have created this side effect (I was hoping to speed things up for the user).

I am trying another alternative.

How is it now?

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#5 2007-08-05 04:12:41

Ricky

Works for me.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#6 2007-08-05 04:36:03

mathsyperson

Yep, no more problems for me either. Nice work. smile

Why did the vector cross the road?
It wanted to be normal.

#7 2007-08-05 09:18:28

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Great! And nice team work, too. smile

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer