Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-16 11:37:49

simron
Real Member

Minor Avatar Glitch

I, a while ago, made an avatar, used it for 2 weeks, then changed it to a (in my opinion) better avatar. Today, I realized it's back to my old avatar! (Maybe the forum sofware liked that old one better? wink) I didn't even go into the Personality part of my profile. What gives?

Linux FTW

#2 2008-05-16 12:32:14

mathsyperson

Re: Minor Avatar Glitch

It might be that your computer remembers when your avatar was the old one and hasn't bothered checking to see if it's still that one.

I see your avatar as a square root sign, with the four basic operations and an integral sign inside, which I don't remember you having before. If that's what it's supposed to be, then I'd guess that's what most people are seeing and to fix it from your end you should try refreshing or playing with your cookies.

Why did the vector cross the road?
It wanted to be normal.

#3 2008-05-16 12:38:24

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Yep .. sounds like your browser may be displaying a locally "cached" copy instead of fetching the latest one (faster that way). Refresh should fix.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#4 2008-05-16 14:07:54

simron
Real Member

OH! XD Yeah, my avatar's back to the way it was. I was using a computer that I don't use often. Thanks!

Linux FTW

Board footer