Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-02 17:32:02

HAMDOG

Please Read For The Future Of Maths Learning

Hello Maths Forum your site is great but i am disapointed in the lack of fun and exciting activities that embrace childrens playful attidudes but also alow them to learn in a fun environment. I am very sad at the boring activities found on this site and i am very angered. Kids should learn maths through fun activities without even knowing it. sadeekshamedownsleepswear

#2 2008-12-02 21:21:22

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: Please Read For The Future Of Maths Learning

Thanks hamdog. Now ... can you suggest some fun activities that meet those needs?

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2008-12-03 01:13:38

Sonic the hedgehog

Why don't you start with a sort of math RPG*? up

*Role Playing Game

I would not want to be a politician... Let me tell you this: If I was campaigning, and I go against my opponent and he started attacking my character, and I leap over the table and choke him unconscious, would that help my campaign? --Chuck Norris--

#4 2008-12-03 01:22:03

Sonic the hedgehog

I think I'v got a story line!You are sucked inside the internet in a experiment gone wrong and are forced to choose a team and fight the a cyber-war the 2 teams are the virses and vires protecters.:cool:

I would not want to be a politician... Let me tell you this: If I was campaigning, and I go against my opponent and he started attacking my character, and I leap over the table and choke him unconscious, would that help my campaign? --Chuck Norris--

#5 2008-12-03 01:27:33

Sonic the hedgehog

You battle by clicking on some one and a butten pops up saying fight,you click on that and then a mathes sum pops up,you must anser 5 sums right to defet your opponent

#6 2008-12-03 08:20:33

MathsIsFun
Administrator

But good RPGs are hard to make sad

I looked at making something like this and found that it usually takes a TEAM of people a long time to create one. Plus bags and bags of money.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#7 2008-12-04 15:43:26

Macy

In my opinion, the kids only enjoy math activities when there is a supervisor or game coordinator in the class or maybe outdoor activities. This is a virtual place , more or less for junior or senior already so i donot think the kids will get a lot of benefit here.
I remember in my state, marketing people go around the suburbs to sell their expensive math products which consists of a lot of activities like you said but as far as for a long term studying they will feel bored immediately just after one or two weeks sitting in front of computer by themselves, it means when parents are busy for their own businesses.

#8 2009-10-29 03:18:28

Sarah12

Hamdog is right the games That are on here is Boring A kid is not going to sit on these Games all day.

#9 2017-06-11 16:07:03

Monox D. I-Fly

Sonic the hedgehog wrote:

Why don't you start with a sort of math RPG*? up

*Role Playing Game

Well, I made a math CCG for my thesis. Google "Mathematicards".

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

Board footer