Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-21 11:46:46

finitehelp

Finite Math/ Matrices

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum. I have a finite math class that I am failing at horribly. My professor never gives us feedback on the problems we get wrong on the homework she simply marks them wrong. If there is someone on this forum who is good at college level finite math please contact me. We get 30 problem in homework a day and I usually get half right. i just want an explanation of how the problem should be solved so I can study more and do better. If there is someone who doesnt mind emailing back and forth to give me a little guidance please message me.

#2 2009-06-21 18:30:05

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: Finite Math/ Matrices

Hi finitehelp;

Pretty sure emailing like that is against forum rules. Why not just post the problems. I like finite math (discrete math). There are plenty of members here who are capable. Just post them in Latex when necessary and make sure they are understandable.

Last edited by bobbym (2009-06-21 18:34:31)

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2009-06-22 05:49:19

Ricky

Re: Finite Math/ Matrices

finite, your best bet is to visit your professor during office hours.  As bobbym said as well, use our forums.  Emails would be much slower and probably less helpful.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

Board footer