Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-18 22:50:56

Milenne

Is it possible to make an account?

I'm sorry but I couldn't reply back to the post. But here are the answers:

1: I am not sure but I think it was something called CensorNet or something?

2: It was something like this: Warning! An unsafe device was detected! Please try again, and if it still does not work, then contact Math Is Fun.

3: It was exactly at the same time that I had made the other post.

#2 2021-08-19 00:02:38

Bob
Administrator

Re: Is it possible to make an account?

hi Milenne

Thanks for the reply.

CensorNet is an internet security company that provides protection against all manner of threats.  It looks like it can be purchased by companies and colleges to protect a whole group of users.  If you are trying to create a MathIsfun account whilst logged in at school this might explain the message.  Or maybe your phone company offers this service.

I use Norton 360 and I'm pretty happy with it.  Occasionally we get a post from a person who wants members to click a link that leads to malware.  Norton is so 'keen' to protect me that it won't let me load the page so I can safely remove it.  Luckily I've found a way round this (I won't say what it is because I don't want to help the malware posters); so at the present time I'm confident it's safe to use MIF and to become a member.

So please join up, we're always delighted to have new members. If censornet won't even let you continue the membership process then you'll have to speak to someone to get the restriction lifted.  At a college there'll be a computer services team that will know what to do. If it's your phone company, you'll have to speak to  customer service.

Hope that helps,

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

Board footer