Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-15 14:04:59

Zmurf

Conventions for Geometry Proofs

I really need help with this. In my maths exams I can easily find the answers for the questions. But I'm losing valueble marks becausing I'm not writing the proofs correctly. I don't know how! And when it is explained in class I just don't get it, I don't know which proves to use where. I keep getting co-interior and alternate and stuff all mixed up. Can anyone help me with some good methods for proof in gemoetry. I just can't seem to express my logic mathematically.

"When subtracted from 180, the sum of the square-root of the two equal angles of an isocoles triangle squared will give the square-root of the remaining angle squared."

#2 2006-05-15 15:20:08

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Conventions for Geometry Proofs

Here is a link on Geometry proofs. I hope it is of some help to you!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2006-05-15 17:56:48

Zmurf

Re: Conventions for Geometry Proofs

Oh thankyou this is very helpful!

"When subtracted from 180, the sum of the square-root of the two equal angles of an isocoles triangle squared will give the square-root of the remaining angle squared."

Board footer